Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Teaching at CalArts

Phewwwwww- these 2 free-lance gigs are killing me man! Am thankful for the work but sheesh, i need a little me time know what i'm sayin'? This post is mainly for my CalArts students... I just wanted to let you all know how much fun i had last semester, it truly was MY pleasure to get nerdy about animation with you guys. But alas, teaching first year was not to be for me this coming semester. Mike Ngyuen will be returning to teach 1st year so Cynthia asked me if i'd be willing to step aside............... AND TEACH 2ND YEAR BABY! Oh yeah, we get to nerd out for a whole other year! And boy do i have some RAD RAD assignments for you guys! You guys are gonna get your brains so swelled with animation goodness that all you'll be able to do is respond to people in animation terms. "so how long will you be gone for? Ohhhhh, about 3000 frames" or, "Could you reach that for me? Sure, let me time it out on my X sheet first. Let's see, anticipate, squash down, stretch up, delay arms...
But seriously folks, it's gonna be RAD! Be looking for the next post on the "How to do a flippin' cool shot" serious. I am gonna cover a little more practical tips and tricks in what you do right before you start animating next. stay tuned!

9 comments:

Heath said...

Matty-MattMatt! That sounds awesome! When can i sign up? Oh wait. No, I forget it's like a four day drive over there. Darn. Hey, but I will be at the comic con this year. You goin? Hope so. Later man.

Matt Williames said...

naaaaaaw, not this year. Actually, i've never gotten to go :( someday hopefully! If you stop by LA for any reason let me know!

Q/Minkyu said...

HOLY CRAP!!! THAT IS AMAZING!
I'm sooooooo happy for this. I can't wait to be back at calarts. I want class right NOW MATT!
I feel really luck man!!! 2nd year is gonna be my best year!

Anonymous said...

Animation jokes! Those are cute :)

espiridellis said...

Movin' on up!!! Congrats, man. I wish I could go back to school and get nerdy with you for a year. You will have one lucky batch of students!

Mokuu said...

300 FRAMES IN A WEEK AND ALL CLEANED UP ATTACK ATTACK ATTAAAAAACK ! - That, i hope is the kind of homework you give hahaha. I heard the teachers in quebec were too light hearted compared to the us. As animation is all about hard work and work-o-plenty, students do battle against incredible deadlines! Ah the thrill of a challenge. Yet CAL Arts is so expensive.

Sean Taylor said...

WILLIAMES!!! YES, THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME, MAN!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK DOWN NOW!!! I'M MOVING BACK ON THE 7TH... WE SHOULD MEET UP AND GET SOMETHING TO EAT. OH YEAH, I FINALLY GOT A BLOG: http://k9knight.blogspot.com/ I AM GOING HARDCORE WITH THE ANIMATING THIS YEAR! I AM SO PYSCHED!!! LATER, DUDE!

oakleyses said...

kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, christian louboutin shoes, kate spade outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, nike shoes, nike air max, coach outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co jewelry, louis vuitton handbags, polo ralph lauren, gucci handbags, tiffany jewelry, true religion, longchamp outlet, red bottom shoes, coach outlet store online, oakley vault, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton, coach outlet, michael kors outlet store, louis vuitton outlet online, nike free, christian louboutin, prada outlet, ray ban outlet, chanel handbags, true religion outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet online, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet online, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, prada handbags, michael kors outlet online

oakleyses said...

moncler, canada goose, links of london uk, air max, hollister canada, uggs canada, oakley, canada goose pas cher, swarovski jewelry, lancel, parajumpers outlet, juicy couture outlet, toms outlet, canada goose, montre femme, ray ban, replica watches, moncler, canada goose uk, coach outlet, swarovski uk, gucci, supra shoes, louboutin, baseball bats, pandora uk, moncler outlet, converse, nike air max, vans, louis vuitton canada, ralph lauren, moncler, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, thomas sabo uk, ugg, iphone 6 case, canada goose outlet, karen millen, hollister clothing, timberland shoes, moncler, juicy couture outlet, hollister, wedding dress, moncler, moncler, converse shoes