Sunday, June 11, 2006

forgive me, please!


* NOTE TO VIEWERS: THIS ANIMATION IS NOT PLAYING AT THE CORRECT FRAME RATE. CHECK BACK SOON TO SEE IF YOU I GOT IT FIXED!*
Everyone who has a blog needs to look at their sitemeter and track who's been to your blog. I just recently started doing this and it is SO fascinating who's been here! it doesn't give names but it does give countries, cities and sometimes even company names. Last week people from Disney, Dreamworks, ILM, Pixar, Germany, Peru, Nepal, and even Iran were on this site! pretty crazy, i forget that this is accessable to the entire world. literally! Go check out who's been looking at your work!
Sooooo,you all are going to kill me, or stop visiting my blog but i am affraid this post will not be about roughing out your scenes. I have been thinking long and hard about it and have come to a dicision about how to show everyone what i am talking about. I am just gonna animate something for everyone. I am gonna walk everyone through the steps of how i particularly animate a shot from thumbnails to finished inbetweened tie downs. the reasons for this are multiple. I got a little work, praise God! but more over i will be gone for about 2 and a half weeks starting tuesday and unable to post on the blog.
What i thought i'd do is show everyone this finished bit of animation i did for my reel. I posted the half finished version but never showed the entire thing. this is now considered an old test by me, and the characters model has changed. I didn't have him quite nailed down at this piont. There are bigger oops's but i don't need to piont them all out do i? I hope you all enjoy this. I'll be sure to post one last time before i leave on Tuesday. Until then, have a great two weeks!

6 comments:

Matt Williames said...

once again youtube has failed me! it seems that it is not playing my animation at 24fps. is anyone else seeing it that way?

Jim Mortensen said...

Yupyup. Sync is definitely off. Would exporting from Quicktime at 30 fps then reup'ing to YouTube work?

Germán said...

cant tell if its goin at 24, but audio seems to be aout of sync on the comp im checking it.

Great site. Congrats for the gig, and PLEASE, do that tutorial, I really think it would be great to see your whole process

Julián Höek said...

you forgot your fan here form argentina dude!!!
i love the way the monkey moves his jaw before talking, like very sleepy.
if you are going to explain how you did that animation step by step you are defenetly gain more world wide viwers for shure!
well...best of luck and i'll be wainting for your next post!

Matt Williames said...

hmmmm-- lemme see what i can do!

the clownninja said...

great blog man